Monday, September 27, 2010

Lady Gaga's grandfather dies at 88

Lady Gaga's grandfather has died at the age of 88, two days after she had visited him.


World War II veteran Joseph Germanotta died on Friday at a nursing home in Lincoln Park, New Jersey.

The hitmaker was comforted by rumoured boyfriend Luc Carl on Saturday where she was seen in New York looking downbeat, but still in an eccentric leotard and leather jacket.

Lady Gaga - real name Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta - has previously spoken about her love for her grandfather, dedicating the song Speechless to him at a concert in Nottingham, England.

Speaking at the gig in May, she said: "I don't always talk about my personal life but my grandpa's sick.

"I'm really close with my grandpa and he's really sick and he's in the States and my dad's with him.

"So I was, like, crying all day, really sad. So I thought I would be honest and tell you that's what's going on.

"So it's been one of those tough things that my grandpa's too old to come to my show, but I suppose if we sing loud enough, he'll be able to hear us. So this one's for you grandpa."

Joseph is survived by his wife of 57-years Angelina, and son Joseph.

The family have asked for donations to be made to the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research instead of sending flowers.

Source:  TVNZ

No comments:

Post a Comment