Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lady GaGa Explains 'Born This Way' Video

MTV UK
If you were left wondering what Lady GaGa's new Born This Way video is actually about, GaGa herself has now shed some light on the concept behind the promo.


The clip, which premiered yesterday, appears to show Lady Gaga giving birth to an alien-like creature, which GaGa has now explained is a representation of her hopes to create worldwide unity.

Speaking to Radio 1's Greg James, the Bad Romance star claimed: "It's the story about the birth of a new race."


"A race that bears no prejudice and a race that's primary sort of ambition in life is to inspire unity and togetherness."

The 24-year old continued: "The song is very meaningful to me, so I wanted to make something that would really show what was going on in my head when I wrote Born This Way."

Lady Gaga also thanked her team who made the video possible, after they managed to bring her unique vision to life.

Gaga stated: "I had an absolutely sublime time working on it. I actually did it with a UK filmmaker and very famous fashion photographer, Nick Knight. I worked on it with him,"


"I wrote the script for the video and the concept, and between himself and Laurieann Gibson, my choreographer, we really brought the story to life."

Meanwhile, Lady Gaga has revealed that she hated having sex until two years ago, describing her experience of losing her virginity as an "absolutely terrible".

When asked by Grazia Magazine about having sex for the first time, Lady Gaga revealed: "It wasn’t until I was 17. But I have to say even then I wasn’t ready and it was an absolutely terrible experience. It wasn’t good at all."

"I never actually enjoyed sex until two years ago. It was a proper monogamous relationship in which I felt free enough to trust and I had enough self-love."


The eccentric star added: "Sex is the ultimate expression of vulnerability and for me it was important to know that it was a proper relationship so it was sex as a source of love and nothing else."

No comments:

Post a Comment